North Wood Enterprise provides warranties for the Laminate Flooring that covers the following criteria:-
- Abrasion Resistant – in conformance with EN 13329 : 2008 requirements, according to test method EN 438-2, 6
- Stain Resistance – in conformance with EN 13329 : 2008 requirements, according to test method EN 438-2, 15
- Light fastness – in conformance EN 13329 : 2008 requirements, according to test method EN 20105 B02 and EN 20105 A02 (applicable for decor only.)
The warranty period shall commence immediately after the date of purchase and subject to the Prerequisites stated hereafter.
North Wood Enterprise Residential Use and Commercial Use Warranties are limited warranties made subject to the following conditions:
The laminate flooring must be installed and maintained in accordance with the instructions that accompanied the product. Improper sub-floor / surface preparation, installation or application will void this warranty.
- The laminate floor may only be used according to the recommended level of use (AC3 for Heavy Domestic & Moderate Commercial and AC4 for Heavy Domestic & General Commercial).
- The warranty does not cover damage caused by moisture.
- A walk-off mat has to be used in all entrance areas.
- This warranty does not cover wear or damage due to improper installation, cleaning, care or maintenance in a manner contrary to the instructions as provided by the manufacturer, physical abuse to or misuse of the product, accidents causing scratching, impact or cutting, freight damage, modification, alteration of either chemical or physical characteristics.
Liability can be claimed when:
- The decor layer is worn off in an area of at least one square centimeter on one panel and to be visible from a standing position.
- The defect could not be noticed prior to installation of the floor.
- The defect of abrasion is reported to North Wood by the consumer/dealer in written form within 30 days after it has been noticed.
- The written complaint has to be accompanied by the order confirmation that the consumer/dealer received from North Wood for the product in question.
- North Wood Enterprise is allowed to check the said-to-be-defective floor on site.
Within the scope of this warranty, North Wood has the option to:
- Repair the defective floor at no charge, or Reimburse the current value*, or Deliver to the original point of sales any replacement material up to the current value of the defective floor.
- If the identical decor is not available, a suitable replacement will be delivered.
- This warranty covers a replacement of the affected material only, it does not cover associated labor costs or any other related extra costs.
Any warranty claims accepted do not prolong the total warranty period counted from the date of the purchase.
Any claims of liability arising from this warranty cease to be valid if not reported within 6 months after the defect of abrasion was noticed ,respectively would have to be noticed by the consumer/dealer.
Cleaning and Care:
- Laminate flooring is easy to maintain. The first prerequisite for care and preservation of the flooring is a well-balanced room climate (55-65% relative humidity at 20° C / 68° F). These values ensure a healthy room climate.
- The laminate flooring is very resilient. The surface consists of high quality melamine resins, not of wood.
- Cleaning your laminate floor is simple – dirt and dust can be removed with a vacuum featuring a hard-surface attachment or a broom.
- For more difficult-to-remove soil, use a cloth moistened very lightly with plain water. Then wipe the surface with a clean dry cloth.
- Under no circumstances should the floor be wet- mopped!
- Heavier stains such as paint, glue, asphalt, oil, etc. can be removed easily, quickly and thoroughly with a basic laminate cleaner.
- You should carefully observe the manufacturer’s instructions.
- North Wood needs no special treatment – never use soap solutions, waxes, sealers, polishes or any abrasive materials. Warning! Under no circumstances should any type of vapour cleaning equipment be used !
Warning! Under no circumstances should any type of vapour cleaning equipment be used!
- Protect flooring surface with felt pads under furniture legs.
- You should use chair rollers with soft rollers and ones which are suitable for laminate floorings.
- With under floor heating, the laminate surface temperature should be < 28° C (82° F). This applies particularly in the case of laid-out carpets.